Monday, February 28, 2011

Prezi

Last Friday was a Professional development day for several Christian schools, in the lower mainland, including the one I teach at. I decided to attend a series of workshops related to technology and experiential learning.  I always go into these days hoping to come away with one new thing that will make a difference in my day to day teaching. I actually got a few tidbits on Friday, but one that really got my attention was an online zooming presentation program called Prezi. I had seen this program before but it hadn’t really grabbed my attention. This time it was different. As is often the case this little nugget came to me indirectly. The keynote speaker did not talk about Prezi but he used it to complement his address.

So over the weekend I had a go at Prezi and found out that a Public account is free. For a bit of cash you can upgrade to an Enjoy account or the fully featured Pro account. I was pleased that as a teacher I was able to sign up for the Enjoy account for free. I signed up and spend a couple of hours on Saturday playing around with the program. It was quite easy to get the basic idea but it took a little more time to figure out how all the different tools work. Nevertheless I was able to get the idea fairly quick and plan to put together a Prezi or two this week for use in my classes. I’m also eager to get my students creating their own Prezi for a class presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment